- Can I use an external host (non-tufts.edu) for my website?
There is currently no policy in place for hosting tufts.edu domains on external hosts.
- Can I have a .com or .org domain for a Tufts website?
That’s a loaded question. You can certainly go to an outside host and set up a .com or .org account. Note, however, that if you use the word Tufts anywhere in the domain, it’s still subject to the name use policy. If you would like to have your .com or .org hosted internally, you will need to talk to TTS. Start with the TTS Support Center: email@example.com
- What resources are available for the creation and hosting of video?
Currently the only in-house resource for video production at Tufts is the Educational Media Center, which supports both Tufts University and Tufts-New England Medical Center. EdMedia provide video and audio recording for all digital formats including Web video.
- What are the guidelines for using social media like Facebook or Twitter?
Please view our Social Media Overview and its referring links.
- How to I set up a personal website at Tufts?
TTS offers blogs and wikis that are ideal for personal sites. Read more about these on the TTS site.